About us, the Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park.
The Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park is a non-profit support organization dedicated to assisting the Department of Natural Resources at the park. Members are committed to furthering the historical, educational, recreational, interpretive and visitor services programs of the park.
The Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park organization was established in 1987. It continues the park’s historical and vital link in joining private and state efforts toward our common goal of improving and sustaining the park.
Kohler-Andrae State Park has a very long history of citizen support. In 1928, property was donated to the state to create Terry Andrae State Park. A second donation was made in 1966 that established John Michael Kohler State Park. The two parks now total almost 1,000 acres. The Department of Natural Resources manages them as one unit.
Please join us. Become a Friend of Kohler-Andrae State Park. Simply print out and return the attached membership invitation.
Since their beginning in 1987, the Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park have donated their time and money to projects that have enhanced the park. Their financial contribution is well over $100,000 and has at times been matched by the Department of Natural Resources, resulting in the total for Friends projects exceeding $250,000. This funding along with the active participation of the Friends, often in the form of planning, construction and grant writing skills, has accomplished many successful projects, including the
cabin for the disabled in the park’s campground.
- 2011 Fishing Pond 1.1 acres $125.00
- 2010 Established Friends Endowment 10,000
- 2010 Nature Ctr. Rain Garden 10,000
- 2010 Nature Ctr. Touch Screen Kiosks 4,500
- 2010 Nature Ctr. Mounted Wolf Display 1,000
- 2010 Koala Baby Rest Room Stations 1900
- 2007 Presentations Video Projector 2,300
- 2007 Shower Tower 3,900
- 2007 Cabin for Disabled (3) 10,000
- 2006 Interpretive Trail Signs 1000
- 2006 Cabin for Disabled (2) 20,000
- 2005 Cabin for Disabled (1) 18,700
- 2004 Nature Ctr. Wood Map 650
- 2003 Bike-Hike Trail (2) 12,500
- 2003 Nature Ctr. Paving & Electric 1000
- 2002 Bike-Hike Trail (1) 25,000
- 2002 Boardwalk Signs 1,200
- 2001 Recycling Station 650
- 2001 Nature Ctr. Flooring 5,500
- 2001 Wildlife Garden (2) 3,400
- 2000 Wood Bin 1,500
- 1999 Nature Ctr. Solarium 10,000
- 1998 Nature Ctr. Carpet 1,400
- 1998 Garden Signs 500
- 1998 Laundry Room 1,400
- 1997 Computer Station 3.500
- 1997 Wildlife Garden (1) 5,000
- 1996 Office addition 10,000
- 1995 Nature Trail Signs 2,000
- 1994 Picnic Shelter 10,000
- 1992 Video Projector 2,300